Friday, January 22, 2010

Action Creates Results - Results Create Motivation

"Persistence is the ability to maintain actions regardless of feelings. You press on even when you feel like quitting. When you work on any big goal, you're motivation will wax and wane like the waves hitting the shore. Sometimes you'll feel motivated, sometimes you won't. But it's not your motivation that creates results - it's your action. Persistence allows you to keep taking action even when you don't feel motivated to do so, and therefore you will keep accumulating results. Persistence will ultimatley provide it's own motivation. If you simply keep taking action, you'll eventually get results, and results can be very motivating." ~ Zig Ziglar

This quote was given to me today from my personal coach. It really inspired me and opened up my eyes.

Today's assignment was to pick one goal to work on next week from the ten goals previously created. One of my goals was motivation, but I changed it, realizing that with persistence, motivation will come. So, I changed motivation to loving. I will try to become more loving this year.

But, for next week, my goals to work on will be to continue to lose weight, increase my circle of friends and learn some marketing skills.

I'm already working on the first two. I've started counting my Weight Watcher points - which I hate. However, my coach highly recommends the South Beach diet. One of the people in our group has been trying it this month and has already lost considerable weight. So, I think I will read that book this week.

And my circle of friends - well, I've started taking a Bible study class at church and there are about twenty ladies in that group. So, I should be able to increase my circle from within that group somewhat.

And the marketing - well - I need to learn this in order to be able to do what I want to do and I am so intimidated by this. However, I WILL overcome it this year.

Action creates results and results create motivation.

That's all the time I have for today.
Watch me grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment