Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tolerations - Energy Drains

My personal coach today had a simple assignment - to make a list of things that we tolerate - energy drains - things we put up with for whatever reason. I made my list of about 20 things - some big, some small, some take a little money, some a lot of money and some no money at all. So, I'm interested to see where she is going with this.

I've also been listening to Tony Robbins on some old cassette tapes. I've been getting a lot of good information from those, as well. He's been discussing goals and why we need them. He said that we need to find out WHY we want a particular goal. The "why" is the incentive. So, today his assignment for goals was for personal development, things that you want - if money, time, etc. were no object and financial goals. Then he had us go back over each goal and define how many years it would take to achieve each goal - one year, three years, five years, ten years and twenty years. After that was determined, I took three from each category for the one year goals and DID SOMETHING on that goal TODAY.

So, today, I exercised, worked on some marketing skills, and I'm going to dance at home with my husband tonight - but, he doesn't know it yet. :-)

So, set some goals for yourself, determine a timeline and do something to achieve that goal today. You'll be one day ahead of the game.

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment