Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Having a Personal Coach

I entered a drawing over the weekend to see if I could win a full year of personal coaching.

I wasn't picked for the full year, but I won a "consolation" prize of coaching for one month. I was ecstatic because I really didn't expect to win anything at all. The coach told me that I would probably only need one month anyway, from the information she gathered about me in my entry.

So, yesterday I was given 8 categories of goals. I had to pick 5-15 goals for each category. The categories are as follows: Career, Fun/Creativity, Fitness/Health, Relationships, Home/Clutter, Self-care/Appearance, Personal Growth/Spirituality/Serivce and Money.

In addition to the 5-15 goals I had to choose for each category, I had to choose one thrilling goal - meaning that if nothing got in my way, what would I want to achieve in that category.

It was fun choosing the goals. I was given a list in case I couldn't think of things. It was interesting to see what things I'm already doing, what things I've already done and what things I want to do.

Today I had to make a list of 3-5 nurturing rituals - things that I want to do. I picked six because I was on a roll. So, my list consists of: Facebook; listening to various types of music throughout the day; wearing a small squirt of my perfume around the house - even if I'm the only one at home; talking daily with long distance family; reading and watching old black and white classic movies.

I'm excited to see where I'm going to be in the next month. Follow along and let me know how you think I'm doing. I'd love to hear feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment